We provide analytics for website owners and to provide those analytics we need to collect certain information, here is how we do it.
In this case we refer to visitors that come in contact with any website that has our pixel tracking code installed.
- When the visitor first enters the website, an Unique identifier (UUID) is generated and assigned to that visitor’s browser, including other UUID’s generated for that specific visit session and page.
- We do not store information like the IP of the visitor for identification or do any fingerprinting.
- The IP address of the visitor is only used for detecting the country of the visitor and it is never stored in our database.
- Data collection can differ from website to website and their plans as we provide multiple types of analytics for our customers.
Like we specified above, our services provide multiple forms of tracking for our customers.
- Standard tracking where we only record visitors data, their sessions and their pageviews.
- Visitors Events tracking where we also track events like: mouse clicks, scrolls, browser resizing and form submissions.
- Session Replays where we track almost every event that a visitor makes in order to provide a high quality session replay for the website owner.
- Heatmaps where we generate a snapshot of the tracked page and track events that the visitors are making (such as clicks) to provide a heatmap of the overall usage to the owner of the website.